Registered by the New South Wales Department of Fair Trading as a Real Estate Valuer Without Limitation under the NSW Valuers Registration Act 1975, holding Certificate of Registration No. 2485.
Registered by the Valuers Registration Board of Queensland as Registered Valuer No. 3412.
An Associate of the Australian Property Institute (formerly the Australian Institute of Valuers and Land Economists), having been a member of this professional body since 1983. Also designated a Specialist Retail Valuer under the API Listing.
Personally conducts the majority of litigation matters for the practice and has specialised in Sydney residential, commercial and industrial valuations as well as consultancy for numerous financial institutions including bank and non-bank lenders, law firms, major development companies, religious and educational organizations, and private individuals.
Extensive valuation experience throughout the coastal, tourist resort and rural areas of NSW & QLD.
During the course of his career has specialized in valuations for Fair Market Value, Mortgage, Litigation, Retrospective, Project Feasibility and Resumption / Acquisition purposes.
Has acted throughout the course of his career for both landlords and tenants in rental determination valuations, market rental reviews, and dispute resolution for residential, commercial, retail and industrial properties.
David Bird’s personal recent valuation experience has covered:
- Sutherland Shire waterfront property in the vicinity of $4m
- Manly harbourfront property in the vicinity of $4m
- Vaucluse residence in the order of $8m
- Northwood residence in the order of $9m
- Linley Point residence in the order of $4m
- Palm Beach residence in the order of $6m
- Point Piper residence in the order of $12m
- Sydney City apartments in Darling Island, Woolloomooloo Wharf, Walsh Bay, and ‘Bennelong’ in the $3 – $6m range.
- Byron Bay residential/commercial holding worth $15m plus with specialized use
- Noosa Heads (QLD Sunshine Coast) prestige apartment
- Insurance valuation work including one ongoing instruction continuing over a 20 year period on school premises upwards of $70m
- A property portfolio in Far North Queensland encompassing a land subdivision, apartments, and residential flat blocks around Port Douglas.
- A single expert appointment over several prestige Hills District acreage properties including three of the portfolio in the $3 – $5m plus value range, a commercial strata property and prestige residences.
- An appointment by counsel as the lead senior valuer to manage the specialist valuers in a portfolio of western NSW properties for family law litigation.
- An appointment by administrators to value a portfolio of commercial, industrial and residential properties held by a farm machinery sales company placed under their control in various western NSW towns.
- An appointment by administrators to value a Lismore shopping centre and various semi-rural holdings in the surrounding districts placed under their control.
- A NSW South Coast (north of Ulladulla) semi-rural subdivision on sensitive beachfront acreage, including the specific valuation of some 10 hectares to be dedicated to Council as reserve as part of the DA approval, and its relative value as part of contributions required.
- Expert valuer in a dispute between an Aboriginal Lands Council (administrator appointed) and partner developer over various land holdings in and around Queanbeyan and Bungendore, including potentially subdivisible acreage on the fringe of residential development.
- Expert valuer in a property dispute over a Vaucluse residence worth in the order of $6m plus, with regard retrospective valuations at dates through 2007 – 2008, including initial mediation conference and then Supreme Court appearance in concurrent evidence format.
- Expert valuer in a litigation matter involving a 100 lot plus residential subdivision at Coffs Harbour, requiring staged and retrospective values.
- Expert valuer in a Supreme Court litigation matter involving a retirement village proposal in suburban Newcastle.
- Appointment to value a Far North Coast NSW ‘boutique accommodation hotel’ considered one of the most exclusive and prestigious in Australia for a Family Law dispute.
- Expert valuer in a NSW South Coast (Batemans Bay) litigation matter over the purchase of en-globo subdivision lands and non-completion of a contract to purchase, including retrospective valuations as at 2007.
- Expert valuer in a bankruptcy dispute matter for a mid North Coast township produce store and dwelling on small acreage at a retrospective date of 2003.
- Expert valuer in an estate matter concerning a property portfolio of some $35-$45m worth of residential, commercial and industrial property in suburban Sydney.
- Expert valuer in an estate matter concerning a property portfolio of some $100m plus worth of residential, commercial and industrial property in suburban Sydney.
- Expert valuer in an estate matter requiring retrospective valuations from 1968 – 1976 for retail/commercial property in Parramatta.
- Expert valuer in Supreme Court matter requiring retrospective valuations on a major staged subdivision holding on the NSW Central Coast in 2005 and 2007.
- Expert valuer in an estate matter requiring retrospective valuations 2006 to current for retail/commercial property in Northmead and residential property in Coffs Harbour.
- Expert valuer in family law matter requiring retrospective valuations from 1992 – current for a semi-rural acreage holding in Greendale.
- Expert valuer in professional negligence matter before the Supreme Court requiring a retrospective valuation as at the relevant date 2006 and then rental assessment on a retrospective basis annually to current on a prestige residence in Balgowlah.
- Expert valuer in family law matter requiring retrospective valuations from 1994 – current for a large acreage holding including residence and horse improvements at Wilton.
- Continue to act as an expert valuer on mortgagee in possession and/or administrator appointed residential properties in the Sydney metropolitan area.